Customers need to be aware of websites, competitions and other unsolicited promotions that use The Lott or licensee brands without The Lott’s permission.
Lottery and competition scams can be delivered in person, over the telephone, through the post, by email or by SMS.
If you’re told you’ve won a lottery prize or competition and you’re not sure you entered it, hang up the phone, delete the email or message or throw away the letter.
If you have received what you believe may be a lottery scam, please:
- do not reply to the communication
- do not pay money in advance to collect a prize or lottery winnings
- do not reveal your full identity
- do not release your bank account or credit card details
- keep your money safe from harm by deleting hoax communications as soon as they are received.
If you’re unsure if you have been involved in a scam, please contact SCAMwatch on 1300 795 995 or at www.scamwatch.gov.au.