To complete a manual identity verification, follow the steps below:
- Photocopy the required documentation (see below for acceptable documentation).
- Take your original ID and photocopies to an authorised person capable of certifying documents (known as an Acceptable Referee)
- The Acceptable Referee will need to certify the copies of your documents.
- Send the certified copies to us, either by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Customer Support, Locked Bag 1, Spring Hill QLD 4004
- Once we’ve received and processed your documents, we’ll send you an email to confirm your identity has been successfully verified.
You will need to provide:
- 1 x primary photographic identification document AND 1 x secondary identification document; OR
- 1 x Primary non-photographic identification document AND 2 x secondary identification documents.
In either case, at least one of the documents provided must contain your current residential address.
If you need any further information or help with verifying your account, please call our Customer Support team on 131 868.
Accepted primary photographic identification documents:
- Passport (current or expired less than two years ago)
- Current driver's licence
- Current national identity card
- Current proof of age card
Accepted primary non-photographic identification documents:
- Birth certificate
- Change of name certificate
Accepted secondary documents:
- Australian citizenship certificate
- Australian Medicare card
- Australian pensioner or concession card
- Local council rate notice issued within the past three months (must match your name and residential address)
- Australian electoral roll confirmation letter (must match your name and residential address)
- Name and address from educational records, trade professional membership or employment records
Please note: If the document is not issued by an Australian state or federal government, and is not written in English, it must be accompanied by an English translation prepared by a NAATI-accredited translator.